JUST WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF INLINE SKATING?
According to medical research, rollerskating and Inline Skating rank in the top 3 activities that improve or maintain physical fitness and general well-being. The medical world has declared Inline Skating better for your health than jogging. Inline Skating at 20 MPH, a skater burns 6 calories per minute or 360 calories per hour.
COMPARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF VARIOUS FORMS OF EXERCISE
INLINE SKATING TO STAY IN SHAPE
You can stay in shape just by Inline Skating three times a week for 2 hour sessions. At the Forum, you can accomplish this in the climate controlled comfort of our indoor rink.
If you are over thirty-five, you should consult with your doctor to see just how much Inline Skating he/she recommends for your age group.
If you are over sixty-five, it is recommended that you have a physical checkup first. Your doctor can advise you on the right amount of exercise for you.
INLINE SKATING FOR WEIGHT CONTROL
Regular Inline Skating not only burns about 6 calories a minute, or 360 calories an hour, but also turns fat into muscle - a double benefit. For best result, it is recommended that you skating on a regular basis. That's easy to do in our climate controlled facility. Remember that the faster you skate, the more calories you'll burn.
A few tips on eating and skating:
- It's a good idea not to eat too much just before skating. It's better to eat afterwards.
- eating fattening foods will just replace the calories you've just burned off
- Remember that it's a gradual process. Check your progress after you've been skating for about a month. A gradual improvement will be longer lasting.
Benefits of Inline Skating to Get in Shape
- turn flab into muscle
- easier to breath
- be able to think more clearly
- have a more positive outlook on life.
- be more physically fit (see the table above)